Here are a few common mistakes to avoid in the process of choosing a lender:
- Not educating yourself about the mortgage process
- Not fixing your credit in advance
- Not looking for first-time home buyers’ programs
- Borrowing too much money
- Not shopping around for rates and terms
- Paying junk fees without detailed information
- Dealing with a second-rate mortgage company
- Making large credit purchases prior to applying for your mortgage
- Not disclosing all information to your lender
- Not planning for closing costs
- Not having enough cash on hand after closing
Do you have more questions about the mortgage refinancing loan application process? Click on a question below to get the answers you need to make informed, educated financial decisions.
- How Should I Approach the Process of Applying for a Loan to Refinance My Mortgage?
- What Documents Do I Need to Have Available to Apply for a Loan?
- What Do Mortgage Lenders Look for in Loan Applicants?
- What Mistakes Should I Avoid in the Loan Application Process?
- Does My Credit History Effect My Ability to Get A Mortgage Loan?
- Does My Income Effect My Ability to Get A Mortgage Loan?
- What Happens After I Submit My Application?
- How Should I Approach Making a Down Payment and the LTV Ratio?
- Why Is Locking In My Interest Rate So Important?
This site is not a broker and does not collect or solicit mortgage applications. Content is for informational or comparison purposes only. Services are not available in New York. Products and services may not be available in all other states.